Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Of me and occult stuffs

Recently, there is this some kind of hot news about a documentation of somebody playing Hitori no Kakurenbo (One Man Hide and Seek) and how scary it is etc etc posted on a famous Indonesian forum (Yeah, you know which one). The thing is, after I read about the experience with her Japanese sister or friend, that they didn't know the proper rules. You can't give the doll the same name with your friend or your family unless you want them to get hurt. If you don't want to be hurt badly, stab it with something sharp but not painful enough to inflict that much damage to your body. And blood? Are you fucking kidding me? If you want to play 'safe', you'll put hair or nail there, not blood. Also, with an Indonesian claimed to be stabbed by a needle. So? Why is it such a big deal? I mean hello, this game is 'old', you know what will it cause and why people make such a big deal? Now, don't get me wrong, but yeah I want to try to play this game also other games like Satoru-kun, the lift thing, and the one where we have to find a missing finger with your friends. I swear I won't play them until I achieve all my life goals (and also some of them are rather hard to do like... Public phone? Bathtub? Japanese shrine to appease the doll???)

Anyway, to the real topic, I have always love horror movie since I was a kid (but yeah, there are times when I'm really afraid of horror movies then went back to loving it). From horror, I start to love another genre, gore. My parents believe I will be a cruel heartless bastard and my classmates questioned why I like those kind of movies. I don't exactly know when, but when watching horror movies, I will laugh when anything stupid (according to me) happen while my friends and or the other watchers in the cinema scream because they were surprised or stuffs. I think this explain my fascination to cadaver when I first saw it and how it wasn't seem that weird when I said some of the muscles look like roast beef and stuff.

Because of that fascination to horror film and also my past experiences with supernatural beings (and that's another story for another day... Maybe.), I am of course fascinated with occult and urban legends and I 'fall in love' with Asian urban legend, especially Japanese (because they have some of the best horror out there, along with Thailand). I managed to play and finish a horror game on my DS, Twilight Syndrome: Kinjirareta Toshi Densetsu, and it features one of the easiest and most harmless 'games', Kokkkuri-san (Equivalent to Ouija board and also Jelangkung). Years later, Shuuen no Shiori series came out and it featured 4 urban legends (at first) : Hitori no Kakurenbo, Doppelganger, Mearry-san, and The Monkey's Paw. Thus I try to find out about the hide and seek and find a website called Saya in Underworld and guess what, I read all the blogs entry in one day. I want to try some of those 'games', like really want to. Do I know the danger? Yes, I do and that's why I vow I will only play them when I have achieved my life goals. If I were to die, it will be better if I die because of something I love. Do I wish to see those supernatural beings? Actually.. No... Not really. It's just, I'm curious... Like what will you see after you finish the game with the lift? What does Satoru-kun sounds like? The thrill I get when doing occult related things are the same when like I play roller coaster and the kinds, I love the adrenaline :)

Not going to post scary pics of this game because I'm not a jerk :v
How about me now? I had downloaded many horror games, especially RPG-maker horror games, still love watching horror movies even though I am really selective about it now, constantly reading and searching for urban legend and creepypasta, have a goal to go to haunted places, reading gore if I am bored, and of course, making a ghost/demon/whatever a mascot and also mock him and stuffs.

Am I afraid of ghosts? Hahahahahaha... I'm more afraid (and annoyed) of (with) insects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment