Thursday, January 9, 2014

[Recipe] Super Duper Simple Pancake

As I currently lived alone with not that many wide varieties of food, especially when the canteen and or the mini market is not opened on weekend. So, what can I do beside cooking my own food with limited ingredients? This might look unappealing to you, but trust me, it tasted good. For this one, I made a honey blueberry pancake with grated cheddar cheese :)


Ingredients (2 servings, unless you want to dump all the pancake mix) :
  • 1 egg
  • 250 ml of full cream milk
  • White flour (I never actually measure how much. Just add them until you feel it is not too thick nor too liquid-y )
  • Sugar (Again, just add it until you like the taste of the mix. Yes. Taste the mix occasionally to see if it suits your taste or not)
  • 2 tbsp of melted butter
  • Toppings of your choice 
How to cook :
  1. Mix egg, milk, sugar, and white flour and then add the melted butter.
  2. Melt butter to your non-stick frying pan so the pancake won't stick to the pan when you want to serve it (Yes, you still need to use the butter even if you use non-stick pan)
  3. Put the lid over your pancake so it cooked more quickly and evenly. If you want, you could turn over your pancake after one side is done but I never do that.
  4. Put your topping and serve.
Notes :
  • Because I don't use baking powder, it won't be fluffy.
  • It's important to put a lid over it because it will somehow make the pancake a litytle bit fluffier or at least that's what I experienced.
  • Unless you want your honey to be like water and run to the side, don't put honey directly to the hot pancake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment